File / Edit / Help controls missing

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Hi all;

I would love to try and use this tool...but I can't!  Windows 2008, .net 3.5 installed....these controls are not appearing in the dialogue window.  Any input appreciated!~

Troy

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 4:12 AM
press the ALT key?
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:51 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: File / Edit / Help controls missing [XPathVisualizer:347758]

Hi all;

I would love to try and use this tool...but I can't! Windows 2008, .net 3.5 installed....these controls are not appearing in the dialogue window. Any input appreciated!~

Troy

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:07 AM

The option to hide the menubar with the ALT key is very welcome, but it would be less confusing if this function is not initialised at the proigram start with "hide it". I have a slippery memory and if I've not used this tool for some weeks, I often ask myself at the first program start: "How the f*** can this Menu bar made visible?" - It takes always some annoying time to figure it out. This is just a suggestion for a future version. Thanks in advance.

Tom 

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Thanks, Tom, for the constructive feedback.
-Dino
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:08 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: File / Edit / Help controls missing [XPathVisualizer:347758]

The option to hide the menubar with the ALT key is very welcome, but it would be less confusing if this function is not initialised at the proigram start with "hide it". I have a slippery memory and if I've not used this tool for some weeks, I often ask myself at the first program start: "How the f*** can this Menu bar made visible?" - It takes always some annoying time to figure it out. This is just a suggestion for a future version. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I second the concerns here... I would have never though of hitting the alt key. Maybe at least update the documentation at the top. Luckily I came to the discussion and figured it out instead of uninstalling and moving on thinking it was a bad build.
Also, don't make your help window modal.
Sep 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM
MarkusAnthony wrote:
I second the concerns here... I would have never though of hitting the alt key. Maybe at least update the documentation at the top. Luckily I came to the discussion and figured it out instead of uninstalling and moving on thinking it was a bad build.
Also, don't make your help window modal.
Yeah, I agree - very confusing that the menu bar is hidden by default, if I hadn't bothered to come along and read this thread it would have been uninstalled as a bad app.

I would modify your build to show the menu bar as default, that's the first thing that winds me up about the IE default as well.... gimme my fricking menu bar back!