The current release is v220.127.116.11, from 2010 March 31.
This tool requires .NET v3.5 in order to run. You do not need to download the source in order to use the tool.
This release includes:
- asynchronous highlighting for a responsive UI.
- runtime syntax checking of xpath, as you type.
- Re-indent (prettify) of XML
- collapsible panel for the XML namespaces
- repeating button (scroll) for the xpath matches
- loading from file or HTTP
- line number display of the XML document
- handling XHTML, or other DTDs
This release includes 3 downloads:
- XPathVisualizer-v1.1-bin.zip - A zip containing the .exe file. The tool is simple and can run with "xcopy deployment." Just extract the EXE to your local filesystem and run it.
- XPathVisualizer-v1.1.msi - Useful if you want an uninstall option to remove the registry keys associated with the app. The app uses the registry to store previous settings like window geometry, most recent xpath expression, etc.
- XPathVisualizer-v1.1-src.zip - Download this if you want to examine the source code.